There are times in life (and for many people, right now is one of those times) where you’re existing in a very ‘day-to-day’, moment to moment fashion. Days where you wake up in the morning and all you can think of is getting through the day so you can go back to bed again because that’s the only relief you get from the stress, anxiety and uncertainty you’re feeling.
Carly and Kelly call this ‘being in survival mode’ and as they both have recent (pre-COVID-19) experience with this mode and came through the other side, they have some tips to share for being kind to yourself while in it.
- Don’t try to fight your way out of it
- Don’t rush things
- Be kind to yourself
- Communicate where you’re at
- Do something that anchors you to the future
- Try to find some joy in the day
- Stick to the basics
- Keep an eye out for the light