Last week we tackled how to communicate more effectively with the people you work with. This week we’re looking at communication with your partner, friends and family. In other words, personal relationships. Tips we share include:
- Try not to let familiarity breed contempt
- Never blame
- Understand good communication takes time, and be willing to put in that time
- Be honest always
- Be clear on what your personal deal breakers are
- Check in regularly
- Don’t say things in passing and expect them to be taken seriously
- Be willing to have hard conversations
- Take time to say lovely things too
Don’t forget we have a Patreon page which keeps Straight & Curly in your ears and covers out production costs. If you love listening to the show and you want to support it just visit https://www.patreon.com/straightandcurly.
You can also follow Carly and Kelly on Instagram: @smaggle and @kellyexeter.
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes – it helps other people find us.
Finally, jump in the Facebook group and share your thoughts about this week’s show. We look forward to chatting more with you in there.