Communication is something that’s come up a lot in our Facebook group recently. Because communication is such a big area to cover, this week we’re going to talk about communicating with the people you work with. And next week we’re going to talk about communicating better with the people you love.
Tips we share:
- When emailing, make it clear WHAT kind of response is needed
- When emailing, try to keep it to one subject per email
- Start each day with a clean slate
- Be professional
- Consider your timing
- Communicate/follow up in writing, always
- Try to stay on good terms, even if communicating something negative
- Stick to facts and try to keep emotions out of things
- Don’t enter into a conversation where you don’t know what outcome you want
Don’t forget we have a Patreon page which keeps Straight & Curly in your ears and covers out production costs. If you love listening to the show and you want to support it just visit https://www.patreon.com/straightandcurly.
You can also follow Carly and Kelly on Instagram: @smaggle and @kellyexeter.
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes – it helps other people find us.
Finally, jump into the Facebook group and share your thoughts about this week’s show. We look forward to chatting more with you in there.